The idea to use bacteriophages as a drug against bacterial infections has existed for more than 100 years. So there are a lot of good introductory articles and videos which are linked below (sorry, the referring articles are in German only):
- The Braunschweiger Zeitung provides an elaborate introduction into the therapy with phages including various multimedia elements.
- A lecture of Dr. Sandra Wienhold, research associate in the team of Prof. Witzenrath at Charité, during the “Science Slam” at the “Long Night of Sciences”, Summer 2017:
- The science journalist Renate Ell has created the radio feature “Bakteriophagen – ein altes Heilmittel wird wiederentdeckt” (Bacteriophage – an old remedy is rediscovered) for the Bavarian Broadcasting Corporation, which was awarded a journalistic prize.
- A beautiful animation movie about the “creature” bacteriophage:
- The reproduction cycle of bacteriophages in an animation of DSMZ:
- And of course: Bacteriophages explained in Wikipedia